Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Page 1 of the diary my spectacles wrote....
I am her best friend. I know it. But she doesn’t. Often she becomes oblivious of my presence. But she needs me almost through out the 24 hours.
She just can not do without me. I am required in everything she does. If she needs to work, she needs me first to be there with her. If she is hungry, she would need me. If she has to find out something she first asks for my presence because I would be helping her in her search.
I show her the beauty of things and the help her decide the ugly. I help her look at the good side as well as the bad side of everything.
Whether it is some decision she would make or the execution part of it, I am there lingering with her through out, sometimes helping her and sometimes just being there with her. Good times or bad times, I am always with her. She can not travel without me. She can not work without me. I help her see the world and thereby help her deciding between the good and the bad. I help her in creating a better and a clear picture of everything she sees.
When we first met, she chose me very carefully. I was there in a competition with the others of my ilk. She picked each of us and tried and tested each individual very thoughtfully, she went through the characteristics of each one very carefully how do we look, how each of us behaves, misbehaves, acts, reacts etc. in different situations, who goes best with her personality… she paid attention to every minutest details. After all the rigorous testing, finally she zeroed on me. She chose me and she asked my ward to dress me up in such a way that would suit her best.
Then shortly after she came and picked me up and I with my little luggage went with her to stay with her forever till I become obsolete and wear down. It was a turning point in my life. I was more than married to her. We became one and remained so almost through out her daily rituals. I have become an almost inseparable part of her.
But I also know that one day she will do away with me. When she will get bored of me or if something goes wrong with me, she will simply dump me in the dungeons of all that is discarded. When she changes, or her personality does, she will just refuse me then. I know that my end is inevitable. Yet I still carry on with my duty and responsibility to help her see this world and enjoy the beauty of it all.
To perceive, one needs to sense. And to sense one needs to see. I help her to see.

4 comments:

... said...

Are dependencies always frnds??? The dedication or diary note, whatever you call it, is something between two ppl wo came helped each other to exist or come to limelight.

It was the need. And nothing else.

And as usual, one of them fell in love. So whats the fault of the other one, who is not in LOVE. Its an one sided affair. And most of us dont respond to that.

Do you ??? Do you care for somebody who loves you and you dont???

I donno the answer. So do reply. Mail me.

Shahana said...

hey sagar
itna senti mat ho jao
this was done with utmost fun in mind as i believe that
it was the diary entry or call it an autobiography of a pair of "SPECTACLES".
heee heeee haaaa haaaahaa

Anonymous said...

I thought this best friend was you --- but Im horrible with guesses!

I like how you write (:

Shahana said...

thanks Lilith