Monday, August 07, 2006

A Tribute

A Tribute

The night falls softly on the snow
And I am far from home
Where white serene mountain peaks
Of blood and death they speak

The static noise of the radio heralds
At old Trafford, India’s victory over Pakistan
Dancing and singing and celebration at the base camp
Here and there in the whole Drass Land

Some bodies were sent today
Their photographs of family soaked in blood
The blood that oozed from several hearts
That gave their life to hallowed grounds

The worn out letter in my pocket
And those tear-filled eye sockets
Ask me how long will it last
The guns, the mines, the bomb blasts

Spite fear and sorrow, the smile on my face
Challenging the cruel incessant disgrace
Here I am to quash them those who toil
To violate my Mother’s precious soil

{i wrote this when i was in school :) }

1 comment:

Kaustav said...

pretty good.. you write really well